The Gottman Method is an approach to couple’s therapy that includes an assessment of the relationship and integrates research-based interventions based on the Sound Relationship House theory.
The goals of Gottman Method Couples Therapy are to: disarm conflicting verbal communication; increase intimacy, respect, and affection; remove barriers that create a feeling of stagnancy in conflicting situations; and create a heightened sense of empathy and understanding within the context of the relationship. Learn more about the Gottman Method →
The Gottman Relationship Checkup is a tool designed for use by clinicians in a professional setting.
Here’s how it works:
- For New Clients Please Select Gottman Initial Couples Session with Relationship Assessment, 2 hours at $285.
- Accept Your Invitation – Your therapist will invite you by email to The Gottman Relationship Checkup. Each individual must provide their own email address to sign in. Follow the email instructions. If you have any difficulties, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a Private Profile – You and your partner will each create private profiles. This information will only be available to your therapist.
- Complete the Questionnaire – Your responses will be kept 100% confidential and your therapist will review the results with you.
- Complete the initial client or couples practice policies through our online portal (Must be completed before your first appointment with Ms. Ebony)
- Attend your first session. Please bring a valid ID.
This tool streamlines the relationship assessment process for your therapist, providing personalized, clinical feedback plus specific recommendations for treatment based on your answers.