Telemedicine is the use of telecommunications technology to provide real-time health care to patients at a distance.Technology has become an essential part of all of our lives – it can even be useful in personal growth work. While using the internet as a mode of communication for therapy may seem somewhat unconventional, online video conferencing is an effective, confidential and convenient alternative to face-to-face sessions. Our practice currently uses the internet with great success to work with clients who are unable to visit us in person or who prefer to coaching online.
The HIPPA compliance platform we use for online therapy is Doxy.me, a free, high-quality video conferencing program that allows us to see and hear each other using your computer and webcam (and headset if you choose). Doxy.me is free and easy to download off the internet or install as an app, is free of adware/malware/spyware etc and, most importantly, is confidential. You can use doxy me on your desktop computer, mobile phone or even tablet (such as an iPad).
If you are interested in meeting online, we offer a free 20-minute setup session where we can meet one another and test doxy.me together.
Online counseling might be what you are looking for if:
- You travel a lot.
- You work from home or stay at home with kids.
- Your schedule is so packed that you have to make every second count.
- You live in another state or country.
- You don’t feel comfortable talking to a therapist in person.
- You have a disability that makes it hard to get out of the house.
- You are sick and can’t make your therapy session in person.
* Limitations to Online Therapy: As a trained therapist in the state of Pennsylvania, we do not provide therapy in other states. If you are seeking online therapy or counseling you must primarily reside in the state of Pennsylvania. However, if you are interested in coaching, we can work with you no matter where you live — nationally or internationally.