Peaceful Living Counseling & Professional Services specializes in working with adults, men, women, adolescents, and families. We provide support to individuals who are experiencing emotional, behavioral, spiritual, relational, health, mental and physical concerns.
Symptoms we may address in counseling are:
- Self- Esteem | Self Confidence
- Grief | Loss
- Identity Issues
- Life Transitions
- Spirituality | Christianity
- Stress Management
- Personal Growth
Therapists recognize that it can be challenging to get to an office for a therapy appointment due to illness, disability, personal crisis, or for lack of finances, transportation, or childcare. Home-based therapy can be a solution to these obstacles. In addition, when treatment is provided in the home, the relationship between therapist and client is likely to develop more rapidly, because clients are more relaxed at home than in an unfamiliar office setting. As a result, progress and healing can occur more readily. Reasons for home based therapy are:
- Families with conflicts in the home
- Children and teenagers with behavioral issues: Children behave differently at home and other settings
- Disabilities or other difficulties in traveling: Many people have a hard time getting to an office for a variety of reasons.
- “I’m too depressed to leave the house. “The only way I’ll actually do therapy is if the therapist comes to me”. This is valid, and if coming to your home is the only way to help you start on your road to healing, and then we’ll start there.
- Postpartum depression: At home with a new baby, struggling with adjusting to it all? Let us take a lot of the stress out of seeking help by coming to you.
Therapy is NOT about someone telling you what to do, correcting you or telling you, you are wrong or bad. Therapy is about looking at what is going on within, feeling, doing, thinking, and learning new skills for dealing with yourself and others in your life and then deciding for yourself how you would like to use news skills and apply them to your life.